Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

How do I load 3x5 index cards into a 6150 All-in-one printer

How do I load 3x5 index cards into a 6150 All-in-one printer so that it prints on the cards
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Step one: Load the cards
Follow these steps to load the cards in the photo tray compartment within the paper tray.
  1. Lift the output tray and extend the photo tray.
    Figure 1: Extending the photo tray
  2. Slide the paper-width and paper-length guides to their outermost positions.
  3. Insert a small stack (2 to 8 sheets) of HP greeting card paper into the photo tray with the print side down. Slide the stack of cards forward until it stops.
    Figure 2: Inserting cards
  4. Adjust the paper-width and paper-length guides inward until they stop at the edges of the paper.
  5. Push in the photo tray.
  6. Lower the output tray.
    Figure 3: Pushing the photo tray in, lowering the output tray
Step two: Change the print settings
Customize the print settings of the HP All-in-One to handle nearly any print task.
NOTE: Before changing print settings, decide whether to change the settings for the current print job only, or to make the settings the default for all future print jobs. How the print settings are changed depends on whether the changes will apply to all future print jobs or only to the current print job.
  • Change the print settings for all future jobs:
    • In the HP Solution Center, click Settings , point to Print Settings , and then click Printer Settings .
    • Make changes to the print settings and click OK .
  • Change the print settings for the current job:
    • On the File menu in the printing program, click Print .
    • Make sure that the HP All-in-One is the selected printer.
    • Open the Properties window. Depending on the program, the button might be called Properties , Options , PrinterSetup , or Printer .
    • Select the appropriate options for the print job by using the features available on the Paper/Quality , Finishing , Effects , Basics , and Color tabs.
    • Click OK to close the Properties window.
    • Click Print or OK to begin printing.
Step Three : Print with 76 x 127 mm (3 x 5 inch) cards
Use the HP All-in-One with any program that offers printing.
NOTE: This document contains basic information about printing from the HP All-in-One using a program. For additional information, see the onscreen Help that came with the HP software.
Follow these steps to print on cards:
NOTE: Make sure you have the cards loaded in the input tray.
  1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print .
  2. Select the HP All-in-One as the printer.
  3. Open the Properties window. Depending on the program, the button might be called Properties , Options , PrinterSetup , or Printer .
  4. Select the appropriate options for the print job by using the features available on the Paper/Quality , Finishing , Effects , Basics , and Color tabs.
    NOTE: Select the appropriate options for the print job by selecting one of the predefined print tasks on the Printing Shortcuts tab. Click the appropriate type of print task in the What do you want to do? list. The default settings for that type of print task are set as summarized on the Printing Shortcuts tab. If necessary, adjust the settings here, or make changes on the other tabs in the Properties window.
  5. Click OK to close the Properties window.
  6. Click Print or OK to begin printing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience