Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

HOW DO YOU FIND OUT HOW MUCH INK YOU HAVE LEFT IN YOUR INK

HOW DO YOU FIND OUT HOW MUCH INK YOU HAVE LEFT IN YOUR INK CARTRIDGES FOR OFFICE JET 6500?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Please do this and let me know.

Use one of the following methods to check ink levels in the cartridges.

Method one: Check the ink levels from the computer using the HP Solution Center
  1. Open HP Solution Center:
    • Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    • Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
  2. Click Settings ( ).
  3. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
  4. Click the Estimated Ink Level tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer.
    Figure 1: Estimated ink level graphic
    Estimated ink level graphic
    The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.
Method two: Check the ink-level indicators on the Printer Status Report
  1. Press the Setup button ( ) on the product control panel repeatedly until Print Report displays, and then press OK .
  2. Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select Printer Status Report , and then press OK . The Printer Status Report prints.
    Figure 2: Example Printer Status Report
  3. Examine the ink-level indicators in the Ink Delivery System Information section of the report.
    Figure 3: Ink-level indicators on the Printer Status Report - Example of low black ink
    The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the left side of the bar represent low ink.

Let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT". I am paid only when you "ACCEPT"

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.