Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a hp psc 2210 all in one. I tried to put a photo card

Customer Question

I have a hp psc 2210 all in one. I tried to put a photo card in the photo card slot, however it was the wrong card. Now my printer won't do anything except flash red light at card entrance, and tell me I put the card in backwards, have back label face right. I have reinserted the soft ware in my computer (but it is not a computer issue) I have unplugged it for hours. I blew out the card slots, used alcohol wipe prior. I've even tried putting my card back in even though it doesn't fit. Cancel doesn't work, nor set up or print. Please advise. Laura Breitigan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Sorry for the delay.

Does, Card in Backwards error appears on the front panel display?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES, AND RED LIGHT BLINKING NEAR CARD ENTRY

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Please do this and let me know result.

Remove all cards from printer and all other papers too.
  1. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the all-in-one.
  3. Wait 30 seconds, and plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  4. Press and hold the # and 6 buttons on the numeric keypad.
  5. While still holding the buttons, plug the power cord back in to the all-in-one. Continue to hold the buttons for two seconds, and then release them.

Let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'M DISABLED SO IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO PLUG IT BACK IN, AND HOLD # XXXXX 6.

I HAD IT UNPLUGGED FROM MACHINE FOR OVER 3 HOURS. FIRST IT SAID FULL RESET, THEN AFTER INITIALIZING TEST IT STILL SAYS PHOTO CARD IS IN BACKWARDS(THERE IS NO CARD) LAURA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I KEEP TRYING, IT SAYS S-FULL RESET, THEN IT GOES THROUGH IT'S INITIALIZING AND BACK TO YOU PHOTOCARD IS IN BACKWARDS. I UNPLUGGED IT FROM THE MACHINE AGAIN
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Very sorry for the delay.

After you do above button sequence please do this :

1. Allow the all-in-one to re-initialize. This may take a minute or two.
    2. If prompts appear in the all-in-one display to set the front panel language and country settings, perform the steps to set this information.
  1. Insert the card back into the appropriate slot.
  2. If it does not begin to print a proof sheet automatically, press the Proof Sheet button and follow the normal process for your model to print a proof sheet.
  3. Once the proof sheet begins to print, press Cancel to stop the proof sheet from printing.
  4. Use the On button to turn the power off and then back on again.

Let me know

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I DON'T HAV THE APPROPRIATE CARD FOR THE PRINTER!!! i

IUITHJSMWM FINALLY DOWNLOADED THEM OFF THE CAMERA USING THE SAME PORT FOR CHARGING IT

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Sorry, I didnt get you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE PHOTO CARD FOR MY CAMERA DOES NOT FIT IN THE PRINTER. I DON'T KNOW WHY IT EVEN ACTIVATED THE SENSORS! MY CARD IS ALMOST SQUARE, AND HAS 3 CONTACTS, ITS IS KODAK BRAND, NOT ONE OF THE 4 THE BOOK SAYS PRINTER WILL ACCEPT???

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

In that case you need to buy the right card and then do my procedure.

If that fails than your wrong card has damaged the sensors and your printer will need repair by HP.

Let me know if you have any question

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IF MY CARD DIDN'T GET ANYWHERE NEAR THE SENSORS WHY WOULD IT AFFECT THEM? I JUST FOUND A CARD THAT FITS I WILL TRY WHAT YOU SAID ABOVE...

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Sure, please let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

AFTER STARTING OVER UNPLUGGING POWER CORD,PRESSING # XXXXX 6, PLUGGING IN PRINTER. THE MESSAGE NOW READ (IN MANY LANGUAGES) , BUTTON IS STUCK, RELEASE BUTTON

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Can you please check and see if any button is in pressed state

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO, I EVEN TOOK THE COVER OFF TO SEE.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Can you please tell me that at which step did this happen ?

What is the exact message on printer screen.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

STEP3 1.PLUG BACK POER CORD 2. PUSH # XXXXX 6 3. PLUG IN PRINTER AND HOLD # AND 6 FOR 2 SEC LET GO.

MSG (IN MANY LANGUAGES I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL IT WAS IN ENGLISH) BUTTON IS STUCK , RELEASE BUTTON

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Looks like either # XXXXX 6 button is stuck. Can you press them few times to see result.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THEY ARE FINE, NO RESISTANCE AT ALL AND THE RETURN TO NORMAL. I'VE NEVER PRESSED EITHER ONE OF THEM BEFORE, LAURA
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi !!

Please do this :

1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Now see if its working fine.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PHOTO CARD IS IN BACKWARDS, (I PROMISE TO PAY YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE ANY WAY) LAURA 3HRS [51/2 FROM WHEN I STARTED]
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Are you 100% sure you have the correct card ?

If yes, please repeat same procedure.

Let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MY HUSBAND JUST CAME IN AND TOLD ME TO TELL YOU I DON'T HAVE A HP COMPACT FLASH CARD. I HAVE A CANNON COMPACT FLASH CARD MODEL # XXXXX I TOLD HIM IT WAS A COMPACT FLASH CARD AND THAT IS ONE THE PRINTER SAYS IT ACCEPTS IN THE BOOK.

DAMN MAN HE'S NEVER TOUCHED A COMPUTER IN HIS LIFE, AND I AM PRETTY ILLETERATE ON THE DAMN THING!!! SORRY FOR THE DAMN FRUSTRATION. LAURA

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi Laura !!

Flash cards comes in various models and sizes. Brand does not matter. Only type matters.

So I hope you are using the right type of card.

Now please do this :
Press and hold the Setup, button, and then press Options (or Copy Options).

Let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
BACKWARDS JUST FLICKERS. I'M A TROUBLE SHOOTER AND I JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED , I JUST FOUND OUT I WAS TRYING TO PUT A BATTERY IN THE PHOTO SLOT YESTERDAY, I'M SUCH A FOOL..... ANYWAY I JUST FOUND A BIGGER SANDISK FLASH CARD IN MY OLD CAMERA(CANNON), AND A SD SANDISK CARD IN MY NEW CAMERA KODAK IT WOULD USE A DIFFERENT SLOT.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I JUST PUT IT IN AND IT'S READING USE ONE CARD AT A TIME
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Can you please repeat the reset process than when it asks for card, insert one of these new cards

Let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IJUST PUT THE COMPACT FLASH IN AND IT IS STILL SAYING IT IS IN BACKWARDS, IT CAN ONLY GO IN ONE WAY.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

We tried soft and hard reset. None of them worked.

And as you tried multiple cards and they didnt work either.

This is a hardware issue now and your printer needs to be repaired.

If the printer is more than 1 yr old, HP will charge you for repair and it might be cheaper to buy a new printer in that case. So take a quote from HP before sending it.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for you time and knowledge, why would trying to insert a fat battery into the slot that didn't accept it for one- damage the slot?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Sorry for delay. The circuitary in the card slot is pretty delicate and sensitive. And putting a wrong object can damage it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO BYPASS THAT SO I CAN CONTINUE TO USE THE PRINTER WITHOUT ALL THE REST OF THE FEATURES, REMOVE THAT PART FROM THE SOFTWARE SET UP OR IS IT STRICTLY PRINTER DAMAGE. LAURA

MY HUSBAND WAS JUST YELLING AT ME BECAUSE HE WORKED HIS ASS OF FOR VERY LITTLE MONEY, AND HE THINKS I JUST WASTED MORE $ THAT WE DON'T HAVE. WE ARE DOWN TO PINCHING PENNIES BUT YOU DID SO MUCH RESEARCH FOR ME I CAN'T SEEE NOT PAYING YOU FOR IT. I'VE BEEN DISABLED FOR 15 1/2 YEARS, I GOT HURT @ WORK I WAS AN RN, AND WORK COMP CUT ME OFF A YEAR AGO. BUT I AM 100 % DISABLED AND MY ATTORNEY SWEARS AFTER THE LAST DR.S DEPOSITION IN DEC. WE WILL CLOSE MY CASE AND I WILL START TO RECEIVE BENEFITS AGAIN. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN PAY YOU THEN???? LAURA BREITIGAN

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi Laura !!

Dont worry about the payment.

There is no way to bypass that error and use rest features of printer. I am sorry about that.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I WILL SAVE THIS AND TRY TO PAY YOU, WHEN I GET SOME $. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING! Laura Breitigan @ XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

No worries. Take care

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just received my credit card bill, and I have 2 charges for 10-02-09 1 for $12.60, the other for $15.00, I never accepted an answer, because none helped. I also said I would keep the info and try to pay you when I received some money. I just put in a dispute with my credit card company. Laura, and I(still)reallyhatecomputers, and automated money adjustments. I know I will not use this site again, I never accepted anything, and you tried to take an extra $15.00 on top of what I didn't agree to pay any how. In a message dated 10/2/2009 7:55:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX writes:
Hi Customer,

Thanks for asking your question on http://www.justanswer.com Since your due date has arrived and you already accepted an answer, we closed your question for you. If you still want help with this question, just relist it on this page:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2lw4p-hp-psc-2210-one-tried-put-photo?L=T

Your JustAnswer Accepts/Questions ratio is now 1/1. If you need help with any of this, please let us know!

Best,
Andy (the Admin)