Ask Amit-The Real Printer Expert Your Own...

Amit-The Real Printer Expert
Amit-The Real Printer Expert, Engineer
Experience:  MCA, M.Phil. With Tons of Experience
14222834

My Pixma MP600 suddenly has stopped printing black. it can

Customer Question

My Pixma MP600 suddenly has stopped printing black. it can print other colors, but not black. I have checked the cartridge - it's clean. I've cleaned the nozzles, done an alignment, etc. When I do these diagnostic tests, they print out in black. It's only when I try printing anything else - MS Word, MS Excel, web browser screen, etc., it will not print black or in grayscale.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Amit-The Real Printer Expert replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Please reset the printer, reboot the computer and check the issue.

Reset Canon MP600 to the Factory Setting
Press the HOME button.
Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the right/left arrow to select Settings, and then press OK button.
Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel or the right/left arrow to select Device settings, then press the OK button.
Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel (B) or the up/down arrow to select Reset settings, then press the OK button.
Use the Easy-Scroll wheel or the up/down arrow to select Yes on the confirmation screen and then press OK.
Press the HOME button to return to the HOME menu.

If still no success:

uninstall printer driver, unplug it from wall and computer for 30 minutes to reset, connect it to printer and reinstall the driver.

It will resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I uninstall the print driver?

Please goto following link if you are using XP

How to change or remove a program in Windows XP

Please goto following link if you are using Vista

Uninstall or change a program - Windows Vista Help

in any case uninstall Pixma MP600 printer driver from add remove programs

Edited by Amit-The Real Printer Expert on 9/21/2009 at 3:45 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did everything you suggested. It's still not working. I can print in all colors except for in black. I changed out the black cartridge, and even cleaned the print head. I unplugged the printer, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it (downloaded the latest version from the Canon website), and it still won't print in black.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One more thing - I connected the printer to another computer and came up with the same problem. And also, it was working fine - and then all of a sudden stopped working.

Goto control panel and in Printers.

Right click on your printer and select properties.

Select comor management tab and set the color profile to automatic, restart the computer anad check the issue.

If still no joy,

set the color profile to manual and Add a new color profile from the list.

Click ok and check the issue

If still no succss:

Goto

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010396.asp

download and install

Windows Adobe RGB (1998) Installer (1.4) ginen at # XXXXX

Edited by Amit-The Real Printer Expert on 9/22/2009 at 12:47 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry. In the end, nothing seemed to work, and I had to contact Canon technical support for help.

Sorry I could not help you anymore because I am going offline but dont worry I am freeing up the question so that other experts can help you with better ideas. You will notified by email as soon as anyone joins you.

Please let me know how did they solved the issue?

Edited by Amit-The Real Printer Expert on 9/22/2009 at 1:38 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As mentioned earlier, I was not able to fix the problem with the suggestions you provided. I ended up calling Canon technical support and they were able to help me out.

Thanks for your help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm now repeating for the 3rd and last time that with your advice I was NOT ABLE to fix the problem, and ended up going to Canon technical support for help.