Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Epson Workforce 600 is giving me an error. It says I have

My Epson Workforce 600 is giving me an error. It says I have a paper jam but there is no paper anywhere in the printer. It will only let me turn it on and off and then gives me the same message. When I turn the printer on, it makes a small grinding noise and then gives me the paper jam error, but again, there is no paper in the printer. Please Help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hi !!

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace that ink cartridge.

- When did you buy it and since when are you facing this issue.How often do you use printer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The printer ran out of paper in mid print job, before it stopped printing I dropped some paper in the printer so it would not interupt the job, the printer took the paper but barely moved it, then gave a a paper jam error. I removed all the paper but the printer still gives me a jam error. This was about thirty minutes ago. I have had this printer a little over six months, I can dig up the exact purchase date if you need it. No ink cartridges have been replaced in a few days. The printer was working fine until this happened. It is used a lot every day. Thank you very much for your help.

Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

No I dont need the purchase date, thanks for the info.

Now, you said that it took up the paper a bit and then said its Jammed.

Did you pull out that paper ? ... did it come out smoothly without tearing ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. The paper came out smoothly without tearing. I have also rebooted the network, but that did not help either.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Even though you must have done this. Can you please again take a look for any jammed papers. Specially in the ADF :

If paper jams inside the ADF, clear the jam and reload the paper as follows:
1.
Open the ADF cover and remove any jammed paper.
Caution:
Do not try to remove the paper without opening the ADF cover first, or you could damage the mechanism.
2.
Press OK, then select Yes and press OK to clear any messages on the display screen.

Also, open the main door to reach cartridges ... and see if you can see any paper jam there. Open all doors possible

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No paper in the printer anywhere. It just grinds when you turn it on like it is trying to feed but hung on something, but there is no paper anywhere.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hi !!

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.
Now see if its working fine.

If not then this problem can happen because of following reasons :
1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer. If its in warranty certainly call Epson.

As your printer is only 6 months old, dont take it to local repair store as that will void its warranty. Epson should happily replace it for you as it should have 1 year warranty on it.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my answer helped, please click ACCEPT so I get paid for my work.

I will continue to help even after you click Accept.

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.