Sandhya_sharma
Sandhya_sharma, Master's Degree
Experience:  I hold M.Sc and M.Phil degrees in math and have several years of teaching experience.
14910578

For Sandhya I need your help responding to the bottom portion

For Sandhya

I need your help responding to the bottom portion please.

Explain the four-steps for solving quadratic equations. Can any of these steps be eliminated? Can the order of these steps be changed? Would you add any steps to make it easier, or to make it easier to understand?

You can know that the quadratic equation will have one solution if you compute the discriminant first. If it is 0 and only one intercept it is a real number therefore there will only be one solution. If it ends up a positive, there will be two solutions. And if it is a negative, we will be taking the square root of a negative number, making two non-real complex number solutions and they will be complex conjugates or no solution.
To solve the answer to a quadratic equation given only the solution you must set it to zero (0), then clear out any fractions or anything in the way and get all the coefficients on one side. Then using the reverse principle of zero and finishing using the FOIL method and collect like terms if needed.
Yes it is possible to have different quadratic equations with the same solution. In order for this to happen you must insert an extra letter for clarification. You then factor and use the principle of zero and re-substitute the original letter for the one you substituted. Then when the power is raised you will have the same solution.
Find a quadratic equation when x=-2,5

Not sure how to answer this question:

You did a good job explaining this process, and you also made some very interesting observations that are very important to recall. You made mention of FOIL that is very important as well as the discriminant. Could you provide an example of what the discriminate is?
Category: Pre-Calculus
Expert:  Sandhya_sharma replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me!

Do you need answer to question "Could you provide an example of what the discriminate is?"

Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Yes, I need the answer to the last question it was part of a discussion question?

For the quadratic equation ax^2 + bx +c = 0

Discriminant = b^2 - 4ac

Suppose we have quadratic equation 4x^2 - 2x + 1 = 0

Here a = 4, b = -2, c = 1

Discriminant = b^2 - 4ac = (-2)^2 - 4*4*1 = 4 - 16 = -12

Since discriminant is less than 0 so there will be no real solution. The equation will have complex solutions.

I hope it will help.

Thanks again
Sandhya_sharma, Master's Degree
Experience: I hold M.Sc and M.Phil degrees in math and have several years of teaching experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you that should be Great. Will u be able to help me with another assignment if a start a new thread? Also needed to know how o screen shot again please?
Yeah sure, I will be happy to assist you in another assignment. Please start new thread.

Use Shift key + prt screen button to take screen shots.
Ctrl + V to paste

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
K Thank you give me like 20 mins