Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience:  I have a Master's degree in Engineering and a very wide teaching experience of more than 25 years at various levels.
13269833

Solve the problem. The amount of snowfall falling in a certain

Solve the problem.
The amount of snowfall falling in a certain mountain range is normally distributed with a mean of 94 inches, and a standard deviation of 14 inches. What is the probability that the mean annual snowfall during 49 randomly picked years will exceed 96.8 inches? (Points : 5)
0.0808
0.0026
0.4192
0.5808

6. Estimate the indicated probability by using the normal distribution as an approximation to the binomial distribution.
With n = 18 and p = 0.30, estimate P(6). (Points : 5)
0.1015
0.8513
0.1958
0.1239

7. Use the normal distribution to approximate the desired probability.
A coin is tossed 20 times. A person, who claims to have extrasensory perception, is asked to predict the outcome of each flip in advance. She predicts correctly on 14 tosses. What is the probability of being correct 14 or more times by guessing? Does this probability seem to verify her claim? (Points : 5)
0.4418, no
0.0582, no
0.4418, yes
0.0582, yes

8. Solve the problem.
The following confidence interval is obtained for a population proportion, p: 0.689 < p < 0.723. Use these confidence interval limits to find the margin of error, E. (Points : 5)
0.017
0.706
0.018
0.034

9. Assume that a sample is used to estimate a population proportion p. Find the margin of error E that corresponds to the given statistics and confidence level. Round the margin of error to four decimal places.
95% confidence; n = 320, x = 60 (Points : 5)
0.0449
0.0514
0.0428
0.0385

10. Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to construct a confidence interval for the population proportion p.
n = 51, x = 27; 95% confidence (Points : 5)
0.414 < p < 0.644
0.392 < p < 0.666
0.391 < p < 0.667
0.413 < p < 0.645

11. Use the given data to find the minimum sample size required to estimate the population proportion.
Margin of error: 0.004; confidence level: 95%; unknown (Points : 5)
60,148
60,018
60,025
50,024

12. Solve the problem. Round the point estimate to the nearest thousandth.
Find the point estimate of the proportion of people who wear hearing aids if, in a random sample of 304 people, 20 people had hearing aids. (Points : 5)
0.063
0.066
0.934
0.062

13. Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to construct a confidence interval for the population proportion p.
A survey of 865 voters in one state reveals that 408 favor approval of an issue before the legislature. Construct the 95% confidence interval for the true proportion of all voters in the state who favor approval. (Points : 5)
0.471 < p < 0.472
0.435 < p < 0.508
0.438 < p < 0.505
0.444 < p < 0.500

14. Solve the problem.
A newspaper article about the results of a poll states: "In theory, the results of such a poll, in 99 cases out of 100 should differ by no more than 5 percentage points in either direction from what would have been obtained by interviewing all voters in the United States." Find the sample size suggested by this statement. (Points : 5)
544
664
27
385

15. Use the confidence level and sample data to find the margin of error E. Round your answer to the same number of decimal places as the sample mean unless otherwise noted.
Weights of eggs: 95% confidence n = 53, (Points : 5)
0.36 oz
0.13 oz
0.02 oz
0.16 oz

16. Use the confidence level and sample data to find a confidence interval for estimating the population mu. Round your answer to the same number of decimal places as the sample mean.
Test scores: n = 92, mean = 90.6, sigma = 8.9; 99% confidence (Points : 5)
88.4 < mu < 92.8
88.8 < mu < 92.4
88.2 < mu < 93.0
89.1 < mu < 92.1

17. Use the given information to find the minimum sample size required to estimate an unknown population mean mu.
Margin of error: $120, confidence level: 95%, sigma = $593 (Points : 5)
133
94
83
66

18. Assume that a sample is used to estimate a population mean mu. Use the given confidence level and sample data to find the margin of error. Assume that the sample is a simple random sample and the population has a normal distribution. Round your answer to one more decimal place than the sample standard deviation.
95% confidence; n = 91; x-bar = 16, s = 9.1 (Points : 5)
1.71
4.10
1.63
1.90

19. Use the given degree of confidence and sample data to construct a confidence interval for the population mean mu. Assume that the population has a normal distribution.
A laboratory tested twelve chicken eggs and found that the mean amount of cholesterol was 225 milligrams with s = 15.7 milligrams. Construct a 95% confidence interval for the true mean cholesterol content of all such eggs. (Points : 5)
215.0 mg < mu < 235.0 mg
216.9 mg < mu < 233.1 mg
214.9 mg < mu < 235.1 mg
215.1 mg < mu < 234.9 mg

20. Solve the problem.
Find the critical value corresponding to a sample size of 3 and a confidence level of 95 percent. (Points : 5)
7.378
5.991
0.103
0.0506
Category: Pre-Calculus
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and Thanks for using Just Answer.

How many problems are there totally? I could count 16 problems. Please check and let me know.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there are 16 problems
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I am working on this and will post the answers as soon as finished.

Let me know when is the deadline?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The deadline is tonight.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
OK. I will post the answers before the deadline.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long do you think?
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
I will be able to post the answers in maximum 1 hour from now. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, just so you know the answer each problem below in one of those 4 choices below...its a multiple choice practice problems
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Yes, working on the questions already ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok here waiting

Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Sure..
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.

Here they are ...

ANSWER FILE

Please ACCEPT my answer. BONUS is welcome.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where are the answers??
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Please click that link in my reply and download the file. Answers are highlighted in that file.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did open and they are not highlighted can u put an x next to the right answer
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.

Here are the answers ...

(5) A

(6) C

(7) B

(8) A

(9) C

(10) B

(11) C

(12) B

(13) C

(14) B

(15) (Some data is missing in the question. Please check.)

(16) C

(17) B

(18) D

(19) A

(20) (Please check the question and options. None of the options seem to be correct)

Thanks.

Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience: I have a Master's degree in Engineering and a very wide teaching experience of more than 25 years at various levels.