judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. College degree in mathematics. Powerpoints and long papers are my strong points!
46206387

Unit 5: Module 5 - M5 Assignment 1 Dropbox Assignment

Customer Question

Unit 5: Module 5 - M5 Assignment 1Dropbox Assignment
Assignment 2: LASA 2 Reducing Intergroup ConflictResearch suggests a number of strategies to reduce intergroup conflict. To further explore these strategies, in addition to readings in your text, read the following article paying particular attention to pages 588 to 593. Hewstone, M., Rubin, M., & Willis, H. (2002). Intergroup bias. Annual Review of Psychology, 53, 575-604.
You are a counselor in a detention center for delinquent adolescent boys. Your current project is to devise a way to reduce intergroup conflict that has been escalating between the boys at the center, many of whom were active in local gangs.
Discuss in detail the concepts that lead to the intergroup conflict, such as stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination. How have these attitudes and behaviors created and perpetuated the ongoing conflict?Discuss the different strategies to reduce intergroup conflict found in your text and the Hewstone article.Looking back at the course discuss 2 to 3 additional concepts that could be applied in helping a person overcome these negative attitudes and behaviors.Keeping these strategies and concepts in mind, what activities and/or programs can you create that will help these boys overcome this conflict and learn to work together, respect each other, and come to see each other's differences as valuable. Briefly summarize each program/strategy in 2 to 3 sentences each in preparation for part 2 of this project.
Answer the above points in a 3- to 4-page paper. Your paper should be double-spaced, typed in 12-point Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head, an abstract, and a reference page.
Part 2:
Create a 4- to 8-slide PowerPoint presentation (not including title and reference slides) to present to the board of directors for the detention center that will cover the following:
A detailed outline of each of the 3 to 4 programs/strategies that you would like to put into place at the center.Discuss for each program/strategy why you believe it will be effective within the context of your detention center.
By Monday, March 14, 2016 deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Maximum Points
Discusses the concepts that lead to the intergroup conflict and how behaviors created and perpetuated the ongoing conflict.
44
Discusses the different strategies to reduce intergroup conflict and cites relevant resources for the text and the Hewstone article.
44
Discusses 2 to 3 additional concepts that could be applied to overcoming the negative attitudes and behaviors.
44
Develops and summarizes 3 to 4 activities and/or programs that can be implemented.
36
A detailed outline of each of the 3 to 4 programs/strategies that you would like to put into place at the center. (40 points)
Discuss why you believe each program/strategy will be effective within the context of your detention center. (28 points)
68
Standard presentation components:
Organization (16 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion.
Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice.
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
APA Elements (24 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style.
64
Total:
300
Category: Powerpoint and Presentations
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I have a prepared resource for this (model only) that you can use as you put together your final project. If that would be sufficient, please let me know and I will forward it to you ASAP.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What does that mean? A "put together? " I don't want to get a hight percentage on turnitin.com

I will open up to the other professionals who might be able to put together a new resource for you - yes, this would be a previously submitted one for you to use as a model as you prepare your own work.