Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 98 porsche boxster.. the 2 main issues is when I

Customer Question

I have a 98 porsche boxster.. the 2 main issues is when I shift from 1st to 2nd. It feels like the motor moves. But only does it with that..no other gears
The other problem I'm having is my battery went dead and I tried jump starting it but I didn't go so I went and got a battery from my friend used and I didn't realize the cranking amps wasn't quite what it needed to be so a crank for a few and then stopped and now it makes no noise whatsoever no clicking and I went and got a new battery just to see if that made a difference and it still is not responsive. So prior to all of that happening I charged up the battery and was going to move it and the gas pedal got stuck wide open if you can help me I would appreciate it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Sounds like you have a few issues occuring here.

I would have the engine and transmission mounts checked for any issues.Any issues found will need replaced.I would have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool that will plug into your model and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will help diagnose the harsh shift as well as the no start here.The no start may be caused by the vehicle security system.In some cases with a good battery connected locking and unlocking a door will reset the security system.In other cases a dealer may have to reset/reprogram the security system.

If the gas pedal was stuck this can be an issue with the pedal itself or in some cases on cable driven systems a fault with the throttle cable needing replaced or carbon build up in the throttle body needing cleaned.This will have to be checked into further to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete