Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I purchased six weeks ago a 2011 turbo s cabriolet 997.2 wit

Customer Question

I purchased six weeks ago a 2011 turbo s cabriolet 997.2 wit 15,500miles on the clock. I have put 1,000 more miles on the car over the six weeks and every few days the "check engine oil level" display appears and each time i check the level it is ok.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No idea what that is?
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Champion looked at it and re-set. Penske Porsche Broward re-set. USP Motorsport re-set ad TuneRS re-set?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does this happen on the 997.2 turbo s?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Eric replied 12 days ago.

Ok, if not done yet, the ECU should be checked to make sure it has the latest software updates and updated if needed.

If software is up to date, then the oil level sensor in the oil pan should be tested as well as the wiring harness to it tested and repaired as needed.

Most of the time it is the oil level sensor, which lists for $124 and is 3.7 hours, around $370 to $500 in labor to replace.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 11 days ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.