Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

After 997.2 coming out of Porsche maintenance for PDK coding

Customer Question

After 997.2 coming out of Porsche maintenance for PDK coding and replacement of rear controller box for intermittent spoiler motion and replacement of steering wheel spoke cover, I have electrical problems. The front head lights will not stay on unless turning switch on/off 13 times. And now the front turn lights don't work (side and rear turn lights work) Do I just need to replace switch or is there a relay box for front
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Bulbs are all fine, fuses would blow and not allow lights to go back on. Also TPM system for rear failed but came back on line after a day. I am thinking a short somewhere from steering wheel or bad dashboard headlight switch
JA: What is the model/year of your Porsche?
Customer: I repeat 997.2 2009 Carrera Only mod I have made to electrical system is LED lighting on license plate and it came with relay.
JA: Are you fixing your Carrera yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have to spend $169 to hook up to Porsche diagnostics the 22nd if I don't figure out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The electrical problem with headlight is intermittent
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Eric replied 20 days ago.

HI,

did all these electrical issues start immediately after the steering wheel spoke cover replacement and PDK coding was done?