Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have a 2005 Porsche Cayenne S and the check engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Porsche Cayenne S and the check engine light does not want to go off.. after review the code I get a PO 346 camshaft bank 2 sensor indicated.. so my mechanic changes both bank 1&2 and still the engine light pops up with the same code... so we try a new battery for $200 and the engine light takes a while to turn on but it does. The Cayenne runs great and the mechanic drove as well and said it drive n feels good It. It sure what will cause a low / weak voltage
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: No it stays on at first it came on immediately but once we change both sensor n battery and reset the code it eventually comes back after a while it's been on
JA: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No my Mechanic has we change both sensor and a new battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just trying to end the money bleeding and guessing
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 24 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

i do need some more information .

• is this a 6 cylinder or an 8 cylinder.
  • i do need a vin # to get the factory information to assist.
  • how many miles on the vehicle?
  • what scan tool are you using ? make and model.

thanks