Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1987 944 The engine cranks but has no spark and

Customer Question

I have a 1987 944 The engine cranks but has no spark and fuel pump doesn't get any power the pump is new and so is the DME relay
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 220000 miles I just bought the and don't know any of it's history
JA: Are you fixing your 944 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes . I test to see if I had power to the coil,when the ignition is on. it did, I changed the DME relay,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet inspect for any shorted or damaged wiring needing repaired or replaced.In some cases this can be damaged DME control unit wiring at fault here leading to the DME itself.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete