Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have a 2009 911tt will not pass nj emissions inspection,

Customer Question

Hi Have a 2009 911tt will not pass nj emissions inspection, test comes not ready and o2 and secondary air not ready. did cycle a few times have put 800 miles on car and same issue.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Below is a procedure I have followed and used several times before to get the monitor testing to run.Follow this procedure and see if this then runs the tests.

Cold Start
The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 81 kPa.
The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between (41-86°F).
The intake air temperature (IAT) is between (41-86°F).
The start-up ECT and IAT are within (16°F) of each other.
The battery voltage is between 9-16 volts.
The fuel level is between 15-85 percent.

Important: Whenever the ignition is turned ON, ignition positive voltage is supplied to the HO2S heaters. After verifying the enable criteria, turn OFF the ignition for approximately 5 minutes to allow the sensors to cool before continuing with the test. Once the engine is started, DO NOT turn the engine OFF for the remaining portion of the set procedure.

Turn OFF all of the accessories,
Set the vehicle parking brake.
Verify the transmission is in Park for automatic transmissions and Neutral for manual transmissions.
Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.

Acceleration at part throttle to (55 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature. This may be up to 8 minutes depending on the start up coolant temperature.
Continued operation under these conditions for an additional 6 minutes.

Acceleration at part throttle to (45-55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 minutes.
Deceleration to (0 mph).
Engine idling for 2 minutes while the following criteria is maintained:
The service brake is depressed.
The automatic transmission is in drive.
The manual transmission is in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete