Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Where is the drain located I need to unclog if I have water

Customer Question

where is the drain located I need to unclog if I have water standing behind passenger seat of a 1999 porshe boxter convertible
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i wiil try to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

You will have to put the top in the service position and detach the 2 cables to get good access to the drains, but more than likely either the passenger side drain is blocked, or the membrane around the drain is cracked or damaged and its just leaking through. Both are fairly common, but extremely important to fix timely.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

You can see the drains fairly well from the service position, and unclog the drains (old transmission dipstick or air hose work well)

If its the drain tray around it thats damaged you can try and use some silicone sealant to fix it or replace the whole drain pan which is like an $80 part. This requires the top frame removal which can be done pretty easily actually. If you need those instructions let me know as well.