Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a 2016 Porsche Cayenne (not a turbo) at stop/idle

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Porsche Cayenne (not a turbo) at stop/idle when you "try" to proceed you mash down on the gas pedal with zero response and then suddenly it will lunge forward. It has become dangerous especially at turns across traffic. I'm also just waiting to be rear-ended while the dumb thing sits there. Gaudin Porsche treats us like we're making it up. Been in and out of there numerous times, most they've tried is a computer update. This happens with the start/stop on AND off. Any suggestion or advice we can give to the morons in Las Vegas? Thanks!!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 27 days ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

What did the update? did they reprogram the throttle? and the Transmission? Do you know for sure?

Expert:  Jake replied 27 days ago.

I know alot of the early cayennes had alot of issues with throttle response with the adaptations that were being made for economy. This for the most part disappeared once the sport mode was added.

There have also been some issues with downshifting that appears to be a lunge but that's mostly resolved from a reprogram as well.

Aside from that there is always the chance that there is an issue with the accelerator pedal position readings or the throttle itself causing the delayed response.

Lastly there is of course a mechanical isssue with the torque converter or TC seal that can cause issues. Both highly unlikely on a 2016 Model.

If you have the transmission is comfort mode, use the sport mode and see if the delay dissapears. If so then you KNOW it's likely transmission programming related.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I've forwarded your questions to the "techs" at Gaudin Porsche. My last receipt says an "update" was done but doesn't indicate reprogram (I don't know if these two things are the same)? I can't switch it to Sport Mode and confirm that the problem still exists or not as it has been at the Dealership for the last month. I can confirm that the lunge does not occur in a downshift. It's always from a stop (no response from gas pedal and then severe lunge forward) it is also worse if on an incline and if trying to turn left. I'll keep you posted. Any other suggestions, greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Jake replied 26 days ago.

Do let me know what you hear back.

In the meantime I can check to see if any other techs have seen this issue on newer models.

Expert:  Jake replied 21 days ago.

Just checking to see how its going.

I wasn't able to get anything else of much resource from others that would help on this one.