eauto, the car guy
Experience:  15 plus years of automotive experience

I purchased a 2004 Porche Cayenne Tubo Sept 2016 from an

Customer Question

I purchased a 2004 Porche Cayenne Tubo Sept 2016 from an impound auction. It had been impounded since 4/16. Battery was dead and gas was on E when I purchased. I replaced battery and filled tank with gas. When I place my foot on brake and crank, car turns over, but does not crank. What does it sounds like?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.

does it have spark ? compression? is it getting fuel?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Battery has spark...I think I have compression. It does not seem like it is getting fuel. When I crank it turns over (can heard under hood) but does not crank....Also when I turn key and remove my continues as if it is trying to start.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.

turning over is mean its not firing

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is not starting
Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.

i understand i was just correcting your definition

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok...I will try all tomorrow and respond back...thx
Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.