Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I own a 09 Porsche Cayenne S. Recently i have had problems

Customer Question

I own a 09 Porsche Cayenne S. Recently i have had problems starting. It may start in the morning on the first try and may not. More often than not it takes several attempts to start it. It varies from what appears to be strained turns of the starter motor to nothing at all. When it does start and during my drive time the amp meter is registering in the 14 to 16 range and remains there throughout the drive. My regular mechanic is not sure if it's the battery or the starter motor or sensors. I"m looking for proper answer to this problem and how to resolve it quickly and most economically.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i need a clarification of a no start please.

does it crank and no start ?

cranks and does not run?

no crank at all?

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all three
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

now the battery is located under the drivers seat . was a battery test performed to see if it is still good? even better have you ever changed the battery on the vehicle since you owned it? you may have a compounded issue but lets go to the way of no crank at all.

thanks