Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a new 911 Porsche Turbo (live in US). Per the map my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a new 911 Porsche Turbo (live in US). Per the map my position is misaligned, I live in NJ but it looks like the car position is in New York. How do I re set / re calibrate my position ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Generally the symptom your experiencing is caused by a bad antennae or antennae connection. This was actually fairly common on the 997 because techs would pull the connection when replacing the pollen filter and forget to reconnect it.

lastly, if the antennae connections look good then try rebooting the PCM by holding down 1, 4, and 8 at the same time until it reboots.