Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I have a 1998 Boxter. The battery was removed from the car

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Boxter. The battery was removed from the car for storage purposes and
now the security system has me locked out and unable to open the hood/ solution?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

there's an emergency cable pull to open the hood / froot ( as its sometimes known) in the same place as the 911

see the attached image

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of thescreen. Please do not forget! Thank you