AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a problem with 1987 Porsche 944 non turbo I have

Customer Question

I have a problem with 1987 Porsche 944 non turbo I have wires that are broken and I don't know wher they go one is on fire behind battery it is black with red stripe and solid black also one on the same side is green with black stripe and green solid can those wires cause a no start I do not have a crank signal from ignition coil
Category: Porsche
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Let me see if I can find those wires in the schematics. Is the engine a dohc engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is dohc

dual overhead cam

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is single overhead cam .I have tried various test but not sure if disconnected wires are problem for no start I can send you pictures of wires and let you know the test I have trif
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
These are pictures
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My car is a 1987 Porsche 944 would you have under hood diagram of wires and where they go?

I do have schematics for your car. I will get them for you. One minute.

I can't make a phone call, but i'm sure someone else can if you'd prefer that. Here are the schematics for your car. The first attachment is everyting and is very large. I included it in case you needed it. The second schematic is the engine compartment schematic. Start with that one and see if you can find what your looking for in that one first.

WHOLE CAR SCHEMATICS

UNDER HOOD SCHEMATICS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have went over schematics and and don't see wires could my no start be cause of those wires I have tried everything but no pulse from green wire at coil I have already put new sped and reference sensors in including replacing broken sensor bracket. My old bracket did not have a reference sensor sleeve on sensor this one seems to need one because sensor is real loose does it have to have one to make sensor work I need help

earlier you mentioned a solid green wire and a black wire. Those are both ignition coil wire colors on your car.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The wires to my coil are attached the black and the green but the green has no pulse just constant fire when cranking no pulse

Are you getting anything out of the coil?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am getting 12 volts on black wire 12 volts on green wire which turn to ground but no pulse and no fire from coil wire in center of coil to distributor.

I am going to opt out. My information on this car is very limited. I think someone else here may be able to help you better.