Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

2004 cayenne. Key fob won't deactivate the car door or

Customer Question

2004 cayenne. Key fob won't deactivate the car door or alarm.
I can insert the key manually and unlock but the alarm sounds even when the engine has been turned on.
The red flashing door light is constantly flashing.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Yes both
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Want to fix myself. Could I disconnect both sides of the battery to hard reset?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

did you replace the battery in the remote?

do you have another remote to see if it is the remote or something more?

was there any recent repairs to the vehicle?

any recent accidents?

please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No accidents or recent repairs.
Used spare fob, no response.
Changed out the fob battery, no response.Parked the car. Windows were open. Got out locked the car. Returned an hour later and couldn't open. Manual opening sets off alarm and doesn't turn off even when key is inserted and engine turned on.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

ok there is an issuewith the comfort module for the remotes and the alarm. the key in the door will not disarm the alarm but the starting of the car should disarm. let me ask you to do this with the key in the door unlock the door and hold the key in the unlock position do the windows roll down?