eauto
eauto, the car guy
Experience:  15 plus years of automotive experience
6149662

Im looking to purchase a used 2008 porsche cayenne tiptronic

Customer Question

Im looking to purchase a used 2008 porsche cayenne tiptronic S. I noticed it was sluggish going up my steep driveway. possibly a slipping torque converter??
Category: Porsche
Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

where the rpm s spiking?

Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

they have a pretty reliable transmission, but the valve bodys tend to fail

problems with the valve body: the hydraulic fluid control assembly that regulates gear and clutch engagements. The classic valve body symptom is a hard shift from fourth to fifth. It makes you feel like you’re going through the windshield

Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!

Expert:  eauto replied 3 months ago.