Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2004 Porsche 911 Carrara 4S and I lost my key. I

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Porsche 911 Carrara 4S and I lost my key.
I have 2 spare sets. When I put them in the ignition and turn the key
The dash board lights go on put car will not turn over. I checked the battery and is
Is fully charged? Key fob will not open up the trunk either????
Can you help?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible that this may be due to an internal fault with the battery in the spare key/key fobs causing this fault here.I have seen weak batteries cause this issue.If you have not had this tested (usually a dealer or local parts store will test the batteries at no charge) this needs done to see if this is the cause here with the batteries needing replaced.If this is or has been done and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete