Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I shorted the constant power wire to the factory stereo in

Customer Question

I shorted the constant power wire to the factory stereo in my 2004 cayenne s while installing an accessory. I've checked all fuses in both fuse boxes and can not determine how to restore power to that wire.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I've checked all fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I DO NEED A VIN # ***** GET FACTORY INFO TO ASSIST!!

THANKS