Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

IPhone s6 won't connect with pcm, Recent like six months old

Customer Question

iPhone s6 won't connect with pcm
JA: What year is your S6?
Customer: Recent like six months old or less
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Resetting everything from both sides car side and phone side
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this is due to a software compatibility between the phone and the vehicles software.I have had to update software in vehicles before for the newer phone models.Even though your vehicle is new it was most likely built before the Iphone 6 came out so it may not be fully compatible with your model here yet.I would see if a dealer has any updated programming for this here to correct this issue or like on some models if a special adapter cable is needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete