internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years in the Import Auto industry. Engineering background and diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

I have a 2013 911 Carrera, 70,000 miles. I took it to a

Customer Question

I have a 2013 911 Carrera, 70,000 miles. I took it to a local mechanic to replace the front and rear brake pads and drums. The rear drums have a braking surface area from inside to outside that is 2 inches wide. The front drums braking surface area is 2 and 3/8 inches wide.
I think the mechanic put the wrong drums on the rear. It seems to me the front and rear drums were the same width originally.
My question is this; does the 2013 911 Carrera have different widths on the surface area of the front and rear brake drums ?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  internal88 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Porsche tech.

On the surface area front and rear are the same measurement. The different is the outside diameter. The OD is bigger in the front than rear.

Therefore it looks different from the outside.

Please rate me positive, Thank you!