Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
It requires a scan tool
2005 Porsche 911 Carrera (997) F6-3.6L
Resetting the service interval If the engine oil is replaced during maintenance work, the service interval must be reset.
1. Start the PIWIS Tester P 9718 and follow the instructions on the Tester.2. Select vehicle type, press >>" and start the automatic control unit search.
3. Select the Instrument cluster menu and press >>".
4. Select the Special functions menu and press >>"
5. Select the Reset service interval display menu and press >>".
6. The messages Resetting service interval and Function completed successfully appear on the Tester.
7. Quit the menu, shut down the PIWIS Tester and disconnect it from the vehicle.
Porsche does not provide an alternate method of resetting the Service Indicator
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.
16 Jul 2016, 6:12 PM