Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have a 2003 Boxter and in reference to the instrument

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Boxter and in reference to the instrument cluster, top right ans also bottom right, there are tiny red lights that flash, stay on or stay off. The red lights i am referring too are outside of the instrument cluster. What is the function?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont see these lights myself on this here.If anything after market was installed like an after market alarm or remote start this may be tied into these lights causing this issue here and would need diagnosed by a repair facility that works on the after market components like this here.If your model does not have these components installed at all let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but I didn't receive any answer that would help to solve my issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, i can help, can you upload to me a photo of the lights. that would be the easiest and quickest way to clear this up. thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not satisfied with answer. Please cancel the $40.00/month subscription effective immediately. Thank you
****** ******* Date 07/13/2016
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

Ok sir I have submitted as you requested.