Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system

How do i reset the engine light on a 2004 porsche cayenne s

Customer Question

how do i reset the engine light on a 2004 porsche cayenne s
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.

You will want to be sure that the fuel cap is tight. A loose cap will set an EVAC code in the PCM.

The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool.

When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.