Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Porsche mechanic.
20625509

On a 2006 Porsche Boxter. When the ignition key is removed,

Customer Question

On a 2006 Porsche Boxter. When the ignition key is removed, how is the computer information displayed in the cluster. Also, with the ignition key removed, how long should the door guard light remain illuminated after the door is opened and closed.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Normally computers have power to them a all times, or they can wake up, but if they do have power at all times, it's very little or it would drain the battery.

I am looking at the wiring diagram for the instrument cluster and the 2 fuses are the F1 in the Fuse Holder B and the F2 in the fuse holder C, both hot at all times, and I see the "Can wake up" green wire from the computer, plus the 2 display wires under it in the diagram at the bottom of the instrument cluster.

Now give me a few moments to find out about that timer.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

First off, here is the Computer Data Lines Circuit showing them wires to and from that instrument cluster from the gateway control unit.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

This is the only thing I could find so far, the warning system.

"As soon as the vehicle is locked, the LED - between the two air vents at the center of the instrument panel - must flash quickly for several seconds and then flash slowly.

Fault display:

3. LED flashes quickly for 2 seconds, lights up for 28 seconds and then flashes slowly >> connect the System Tester and read out the fault memory."