Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My battery is dead. How do I get enough power to it to open

Customer Question

my battery is dead. How do I get enough power to it to open the bonnet to get to the battery?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

The only way is using the red lead in the fuse box. The door lock striker will provide good ground(see attached). You need to use either a jump box or charger set to full power(boost start) to supply enough voltage to open the lid. Trickle charge wont do it as it is providing voltage at too low of an amperage

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.