Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

I have a 2011 turbo s cab. When the turbos kick in I hear a

Customer Question

I have a 2011 turbo s cab. When the turbos kick in I hear a high pitch whoop whoop whoop sound. The amount of times that noise happens in a row carries. Sometimes it is only 2 or 3 times l
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: It only happens when the turbos kick in on acceleration. When the turbos kick in going uphill at a slower speed I have heard like 20 whoop sounds in a row. I have a upgraded ecu GIAC flashed system that is set to pump. I also have upgraded inter coolers and AWE Exhaust.
JA: What is the model of your '11 Porsche?
Customer: Someone told me that it is pressure releasing from some valve
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 911 turbo s
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had the work done at a performance shop called TAG Motorsports. Alex, the head guy there told me that it is normal. I find that hard to believe. I want a second opinion
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I meant to say that the amount of times the noise happens in a row varries
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and the first thing i ask is that if it is at all possible can you make a video and send to youtube? or i can get you a link to download a file to so that way i can hear the noise you are speaking of, the first thing i think of is also a blow off valve but i would like to hear it. also when did the noise occur? before or after the performance items were installed? thanks, Lou