Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2008 911. The driver side rear-view mirror goes to

Customer Question

I have a 2008 911. The driver side rear-view mirror goes to a full down position and the passengers side mirror goes to a full up position. This occurs when the car is turned off. It is intermittent, about 1 in 4 engine starts.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here is usually caused by either a programming fault in the door control module/body control module or the module itself has an internal electrical fault causing this issue intermittently.I have seen this occur several times before and usually the dealer has to reprogram the software but in some cases has to replace the module/ecu.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete