Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system

I'm replacing the air/oil separator in taking the intake

Customer Question

I'm replacing the air/oil separator in taking the intake apart I bumped the power steering reservoir there is a line on top and it looks like a drain line but not sure and if it's not I don't see where it reconnects?
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: thats ok just want to make sure that the line on side of the tank is not hocked up to vacuum and put this car back together and find out I have to talk it back apart to conect a line that i could have fix before reassembly
JA: What is the model/year of your Porsche?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the car apart and cleaned and ready to be put back together just want o know about the line that is on the small rubber line that is on the side of the power steering make up container is that a drain or a vacuum line if it is a vacuum line where does it go if it's a drain line does it just drop down by the intake
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is a breather hose for the power steering reservoir and it just hangs down next to it.

Number 12 in the attached diagram, thanks. Part number *********** /p>

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,