Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

Bought porsch boxer 1998 model with no key went to deal had

Customer Question

Bought porsch boxer 1998 model with no key went to deal had them order key from vin took two times to get right one key goes in and turns but no starter if I jump relay started turns but won't start
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It's stick shift and foot all the way to the floor and switch is working
JA: What is the model of your '98 Porsche?
Customer: Boxter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm going to fix all fuses scanned it no codes jumped rely I be leave I'm missing ground on small relay wire for starter possibly from alarm
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't know detailed wiring of this car I need someone who has it or knows it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

is there a security light steady on or flashing while you trying to start ?

If all fuse are checked and you can jump it from starter relay, and the light is on , then the alarm is engaged , now is it because of the key or any part of the system ,switch ,

module wiring etc...

but if no light is on, we may have different problem

what kind of scanner are you using, is capable of communicating with the alarm module ?

I have sent you some diagrams thru my drop box, let me know , if your able to open the link ?

Why did the dealer order twice and had an issue like you mentioned , can you explain , didn't you order by Vin# ?

**The anti theft module located under driver seat **

Please let me know

Chad (aka-Customer

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/rna8nm1378xmp9w/AABfZTXmty7uFDVOY5ojlPWia

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9hynjkczfcsef5c/AAB-pzHTrd-XjX0jrD2MgKXfa