Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

I am interested in buying a 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2. I am

Customer Question

Hello, I am interested in buying a 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2. I am not looking for a car that has problems and will cause me lots of headaches. I have the following information on the car that I can attach for you:
-Pre-purchase inspection (PPI) report
-Details on the condition of the car provided by the seller
-Carfax Report
-Autotrader listing
I am hoping you can review these documents for me and tell me the following:
1) Is this car priced appropriately for its mileage/condition? (It seems to be priced lower than normal)
2) Based on the PPI, what kind of repairs will need to be done to fix all the oil leaks, sensor problems, shocks/struts and other problems?
3) Approximately how much will all the repairs needed cost?
4) Based on what you are seeing in terms of Carfax history and repair costs needed, is this a car that I should pursue or avoid?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 4 months ago.

If you could attach the Carfax and PPI report please. Also, the auto trader listing so I can see the car.
Based on all that I will be able to provide you with some solid advice.

Also, are you not wanting to work on the car at all, or dont mind minor repair work that needs to be done ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi there, I don't mind minor repair work being done. I just want to know how much the repairs needed are going to realistically cost me.I have attached the Carfax and the PPI.Here's the Autotrader listing link:
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you get those the PPI and the Carfax documents that I attached and the Autotrader link?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think the message got deleted somehow. I don't mind doing minor repair work on the car to get it in good working order, I just want to know how much it is going to cost me for those repairs.Here is the Autotrader Link:, I have attached the PPI and the Carfax.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Autotrader link is:
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm trying again to send them.

I see them all. Thank you for sending!

man, I really Like that style of 911, so I really hate to tell you this, but I Think this car is going to be more trouble than its worth...

It is one thing for a car to have an oil leak, fault codes stored, leaking shocks, or tires with some uneven wear, but when a car has ALL four and more, then you know this car has not been taken care of mechanically. It has been in an accident as well, and I see nightmares from the body shop at least once a week.

I looked up the European Motorsports in Vista CA that did the inspection, they look VERY reputable based on the reviews they have on Yelp, google and facebook. I am going to have to say I tend to believe their recommendations.

If you really want, I could work up some rough numbers on fixing all that, with the unknown cost of the Fault code thats stored, and also the uneven tire wear (could be mostly due to the shocks being blown out)

If this were me, it seems like a good deal, but this is one I would 100% pass on in my experaince dealing with these cars and the issues it has, plus the unknown variable in this case.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you have, I would be more than happy to answer them, and please do not forget to rate me as that is the only way I get credit for my answer on this website.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I started another thread because this thread was not letting me reply. Now after refreshing a few times, it lets me reply. So if you could please give me an estimate for fixing all of the items on the PPI, it would be appreciated.

Sorry I am just now looking at this, I will have something back to you tonight as far as the estimate goes.

With the front and rear shocks, plus top mounts for the front struts you are looking 3500-4000 bucks, thats using OEM bilstien shocks and OEM mounts.

around(###) ###-####bucks for the tune up, wires, caps, etc. etc. Using Bosch, OEM parts again.

For all the oil leaks, the came bases need to come out so there is a lot involved there as well, hard to say without seeing the car, but rough estimate another 1500-2500 there.

then you have a lot of the unknowns, The fault code thats stored, the seat motors not working, etc.

If the car is in this bad of shape, and has multiple issues that have been ignored, I would highly suggest staying about from this car just b.c. of the unknown.