rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2011 porsche panerama 4. i recently put in the in

Customer Question

i have a 2011 porsche panerama 4. i recently put in the in tank fuel pump. i have a problem filling the gas tank.
i cannot fill more than 1/2 a tank
Category: Porsche
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This is caused by a bad VENT valve in the EVAP system, it is staying closed when it should be open. This valve is a normally closed valve until the EVAP system tests are run by the computer when it's checking for EVAP leaks. If it's not open when you attempt to fill your tank, the fueling with stop, it has to be vented.

Thanks, Ron