rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Changed oil in 991 carerra 4s. When oil level checked after

Customer Question

Changed oil in 991 carerra 4s. When oil level checked after adding 7L says oil below minimum do not drive on. I added another liter and same thing. I added one more liter and same thing. Of course afraid to drive the car. Did start it and it had 1.5-2 bars oil pressure at idle. What do you think? I have to think I have too much oil in now.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Don't trust that gauge, it may be off and you do not want to overfill with oil. Check oil pressure with a gauge for accuracy.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem resolved. No other help needed
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.