rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a porsche996turbo with check engine light on and

Customer Question

I have a porsche996turbo with check engine light on and intermittent oil pressure sinals the car runs fine and the oil level is corrtct. whats my problem?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The light goes on when a fault code is set in the computer system. You van get the code read for free at most car parts stores, but that doesn't really say what is wrong with the car. It is a place to start though. the best thing to do would be to have a scan tool attached to the cars computer where you can read the codes and the data from the computer.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That doesn't help me at all anyone knows to have computer read, I get better response on Google for free ie probably the oil sending switch is causing oil pressure fluctuation, you are a crook and will be reported!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
You have to start somewhere.this is the smartest place. .