porscheguru
porscheguru, Porsche technician
Experience:  Exclusive Porsche only technician for over 28 years
71042349

L own a 911 996 turbo 2004 model. the check engine light

Customer Question

l own a 911 996 turbo 2004 model. the check engine light came on also something about oil pressure whichjudging by the guages is good L put a quart of oil in it yesterday can this have anything to do with it? Tim***@******.***
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 6 months ago.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by oil pressure? The instrument cluster displayed showed an oil pressure low warning?

When you have an opportunity to discuss this, I am here but traveling in my car so I might have a delayed response. Thanks and I look forward to discussing this with you. It sounds like you will be Ok but you should have this scanned to determine exactly why the check engine light came on and if it is related to the oil pressure issue the instrument cluster displayed. Thanks