Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My power windows and sunroof work intermittently. The fuse

Customer Question

My power windows and sunroof work intermittently. The fuse are intact. Where is the ground terminals for the 3 switches?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If these are all operated from the same switch assembly itself this can be due to a fault internally with the switch assembly needing replaced in some cases.I would have the switch assembly tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced to correct this fault here.If this is not the same switch assembly let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Windows and roof are all operated from separate switches. They are tied to a common ground. I would like to know where the ground point. is located.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately my info is not showing ground locations for this model here myself but others here may have this info for you.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete