Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

I own a 2007 Porsche 911 Carrera. I love how the steering is

Customer Question

I own a 2007 Porsche 911 Carrera. I love how the steering is tight and sporty. I also love how the car hugs the road at high speeds. It has 27,000 miles. Recently, it felt as it was pulling right, and I needed to turn the steering wheel just a bit left when traveling straight. I had the tires replaced, front wheel alignment, left inner tied rod end and boot were replaced, and new front brake pads and rotors. The alignment is good now. But, when I received the car back the steering was not as tight as before and the car seems to float a little when accelerating to high speeds. The original Tires were Continental. The replacement tires were the newer version of the original Continentals. How do I go about getting the steering adjusted to get that tight sporty feel. How do I get the car to hug the road better.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

1 thing to check is the rear alignment as well as the front as this has a strong effect on how the car drives and its best to have all 4 wheels done at the same time

also check the tyre pressures are a couple of psi off from maximum - as if its just you in the car most of the time then you'll benefit from running a few psi off

its also well worth investing in an accurate tyre pressure gauge as too many are wildy out

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you