Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

Im trying to open the hood to jump start battery but the

Customer Question

im trying to open the hood to jump start battery but the hood latch will not work
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car has a new battery and I have a jump box but how can I get enough power to the car so the hood latch will pop open. where is there a positive on the car I can connect to so I can possible power the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes it would be nice
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive tried jumping it from the fuse box but cannot identify the correct fuse. I don't think their original to the car so not sure on witch one to pull and I don't have the car lighter adaptor to the car .
JA: Is there anything else the Porsche Mechanic should be aware of about your Porsche?
Customer: no it was working just fine before the battery died. just cannot find a positive power source to open hood. if I could im sure I could just do a regular jump start on the car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, what year is your Porsche?there us a power point access in the fuse box on the left side of the feet area on the drivers side, also there is a hidden cable behind the right front fender well of the passenger side tire DEPENDING ON MODEL AND YEARso let me know what porsche you have. Lou P.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
here is how it looks
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
hopefully you are seeing my messages