Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I have a cayenne s 2008. I see a check engine light. It also

Customer Question

I have a cayenne s 2008. I see a check engine light. It also has a message SERVICE NOW. I know I need an oil change. Is the check engine light related to the SERVICE NOW or is it entirely separate problem.
For this type of problem would you recommend I bring it to a Porsche Dealership or an outside shop specializing in Porsche would be ok.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Hi im kevin the check engine light will be unrelated to the service being due .the check engine light will illuminate if the control system picks up on a fault within the engine system .the car will need to be plugged into a diagnostic machine to extract fault code relating to the issue.this does not need to be done at dealer
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.
Please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all