sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Rear hatch won't 'lock' - glass window stays open - replaced

Customer Question

Rear hatch won't 'lock' - glass window stays open - replaced the door sensor but no change
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Porsche. The Porsche Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: first symptom battery was drained - jumped battery and noticed latching sensor rear hatch was spinning. Temporarily disconnected sensor until I had battery fully charged. With battery fully charged then rear hatch would not lock, rear wipers would not stop, rear window would not lock. I was busy so I dropped off the car at local garage and instructed them to remove the fuse to the rear wipers and re-charge battery. Now I can't lock rear window, rear hatch closes but will not electronically lock, wipers do not work. I figure I will have to go fuse by fuse now
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That was the idea
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Porsche Mechanic should know about your Porsche?
Customer: No...can't think of anything - possibility a previous owner may have had some issues with tail gate - I saw evidence paneling had been removed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Have you ensured that the latch pawl has not rotated to the closed position while the glass is open?