Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche: my light on warning gong is not working

Customer Question

my light on warning gong is not working
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Has anything been done recently that may have caused this issue here at all?What year and model is this vehicle?Is anything after market installed like a remote start or alarm system at all? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nothing has been done recently. it is a 2004 and the alarm etc is factory installed
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
One of the biggest issues on some of these Porsche models with this warning sound not working is a fault with the instrument cluster itself internally.Its electronics can start to fail internally and cause this fault here with the instrument gauge cluster needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this issue.This will have to be tested further and is best done by either a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here to make sure this is the cause and to make sure no other electronics are at fault needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete