Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Porsche: I just bought a replacement key 2000 996.

Customer Question

I just bought a replacement key for my 2000 996. What is involved in programming it to work with my car?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello you will need: All working keys (with good batteries) Any new keys with their 40 digit unique number tag Your car's (found from the VIN) unique IPAS codes (available from your dealer after proof of ownership) and a PST2 or PWIS test tool to do the programming.If you have everything together a 'good dealer' or 'good shop' would charge you only about 1 hour labor to do thisthis is sadly not a DIY option but if you can find a independent Porsche specialist with access to right kit then you will save money there instead of going to the dealer
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you