Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2000 boxster s and my ignition key won't turn

Customer Question

Hi , I have a 2000 boxster s and my ignition key won't turn after shutting down the engine
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases this can be a fault with low voltage due to a weak or dead vehicle battery or an issue with the ignition cylinder itself with the cylinder needing replaced.If you have not had the battery and battery connections checked this should be done first.If an issue is found it will need repaired.If this is or was checked and found o.k. the ignition cylinder will need checked to see if it is at fault needing replaced at all.A severely worn key will also cause this. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete