Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician

Had a fender bender now my 2009 Porsche Cayenne has no power

Customer Question

Had a fender bender now my 2009 Porsche Cayenne has no power unless I boost it from under the seat but still won't start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Porsche. The Porsche Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Every thing comes on when I boost it but when I turn the key there's a lil click that's all I get
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Boosting it
JA: Is there anything else the Porsche Mechanic should be aware of about your Porsche?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 6 months ago.
Hi, can I ask you if any airbags were deployed? Can you check for power at the jump start terminal in the engine compartment? It sounds like you are trying to jump start it from under the seat correct? If so, I believe the pyro switch which disconnects power to the engine compartment in case of an accident, has done it;s jb and must be replaced.